Spring 2017 Lectures/Events (all events begin at 7:30 pm):
- May 18 – Ryan Stoesz on A Theology of Bread & Baking
- May 25 – Ruth Widdicombe on Elements & Principles of Music in the Liturgy
- June 1 – Panel Conversation on Depression & Mental Health
- June 8 – Panel Conversation on Gardening & Growing
- June 15 – Writer’s Night with Poetry, Fiction and Essays
The Thursday Night Lecture series began in 2011 to encourage conversations between parishioners and friends of Saint Margaret’s about the work and ideas they are passionate about. Lectures often have a vocational focus: we’ve hosted professionals from across the spectrum to speak about their work, including an architect, a liturgist, a baker, a web designer, a Shakespeare scholar, a skateboard ministry worker, theologians, novelists & poets, and many artists.
Saint Margaret’s mission is “to re-evangelize our culture by proclaiming Christ the Way, the Truth and the Life.” The Thursday Night Lecture series allows us to engage with the culture through conversations with culture-makers: the people in our midst who dare to live out their vocation–and who dare to tell us about it.
We never fail to be surprised by the stories we hear on Thursday nights. Please join us and lend your voice!